January 14th, 2015
St. Mary’s was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton in 1923 and opened in October of 2014. Since that time, the hospital’s staff, physicians and volunteers have proudly carried on the legacy of providing care with dignity, compassion and respect – the hallmarks of the Sisters of St. Joseph. The Mission Legacy Award was created to recognize those who have contributed in an exceptional manner to the health care ministry of the Sisters, St. Mary’s General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Health System and/or St. Joseph’s Resource Development System.
Nominations are accepted internally and from members of the community. Nominees can include current and former staff, physicians and volunteers and board of trustee members. Posthumous nominations are also accepted. Nominations are accepted every year until the end of January and are considered by a selection committee with an awards presentation held in June. Recipients names and biographies are displayed on a wall in the hospital’s main lobby. Click on the links below to learn more about the award and access a nomination form. For more information call the President’s office at 519-749-6544.