St. Mary’s General Hospital is home to the Regional Cardiac Care Centre (RCCC) for Waterloo-Wellington. In addition, the centre accepts referrals from Perth County, Grey-Bruce, Huron, Brant, and Oxford Counties, as well as Haldimand-Norfolk.
Our expert, interdisciplinary health care team provides a full range of cardiac services including:
- Non-invasive diagnostic testing (trans-esophogeal echocardiography , echocardiogram, EKG, holter monitoring , nuclear cardiology testing, stress testing)
- Cardiac catheterization (special ‘x-ray’ study of the heart)
- Angioplasty (a procedure to open blocked coronary arteries)
- Heart Rhythm Program and follow up clinic
- Heart Function Clinic
- Cardiac Surgery and Cardiovascular Intensive Care
If you have having open heart surgery click here for your copy of Heart Surgery: a Guide for Patients and Their Loved Ones.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – “Hearts in Motion”
- Inpatient cardiology
- Outpatient Physiotherapy service – “Strides to Thrive“. This service may be beneficial to some patients who have a diagnoses of Heart Failure or Chronic Respiratory Conditions. For more information about the program, click here to download a brochure about the program. Referral forms are also available.
The RCCC includes two state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization suites, two cardiovascular operating rooms, an eight bed cardiovascular intensive care unit and 45 inpatient beds. Emergency cardiac catheterization services and emergency cardiac surgery are available on a 24/7 basis.