St. Mary’s Cardiac Rehabilitation “Hearts in Motion” Program is designed to provide quality care to the adult patient who may be in varying stages of cardiovascular disease. Our program is designed to help patients and their families achieve or maintain a heart healthy lifestyle. We do this by offering education classes, individual assessments, and counseling services.
Our dedicated team is here to help you on your road to improved heart health. Our team includes the following health professionals: Physician, Registered Nurse, Kinesiologists/exercise specialists, Registered Dietitian, Social Worker, and Physiotherapist.
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide an environment which supports a team approach to patient care.
- To be a part of the seamless delivery of care from our inpatient programs to our outpatient clinics
- To help patients and their families identify their cardiac risk factors and to provide them with the tools or information on how to modify or reduce those risk factors.
- To assist the patient in identifying their own personal goals in terms of cardiac rehab and to assist the patient in achieving those goals.
It is the sum of all these parts which makes the program a success! Together the team encourages, supports, and coaches each patient along their journey of living with heart disease through:
- Group education
- Individualized assessment to determine your heart health risk factors
- Personalized exercise prescription and coaching
- Supervised exercise classes
- Individualized dietary counseling
- Stress and anxiety management
- Smoking cessation counseling/assistance
To participate in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program you must have a Physician referral. Click here for a Cardiac Rehabilitation Referral Form
- Are You at Risk?
- Patient Resources – Click here for educational material
- Alumni Program Description
- Alumni Program Registration Form
50 Bathurst Drive, Unit #1
Waterloo, ON N2V 2C5
For more information contact
Danny Veniott , Program Manager
519-749-6578 ext. 1557