June 27th, 2017
June 27, 2017 (Kitchener) – St. Mary’s General Hospital is seeking patients or family members of patients who have received care at St. Mary’s in the past three years to join its Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). Members of PFAC help improve the patient experience by advising its leadership team on matters that impact the patient and family experience, and patient-centered care.
PFAC was launched in 2015 and continues to be at the center of the Patient Experience program. St. Mary’s strives to provide the highest level of care to our patients in order to have the best outcome possible. “As members of PFAC we have had the opportunity to advocate for patient care and work with the St. Mary’s staff to ensure the tradition of excellence in health care continues,” says Lois Peterson, PFAC co-chair.
Members of PFAC advise and make recommendations on a number of matters, including:
- Inform and make recommendations about implementation and evaluation of the SMGH strategic plan;
- Review reports on the patient and family experience;
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to enhance patient-centered care;
- Review and make recommendations on the implementation and sustainment of patient experience improvements; and
- Participate in SMGH committees and improvement activities, by request, to provide feedback and consultation from a patient experience perspective.
PFAC meets on the second Monday of the month, six times annually: September, November, January, March, May and June. Members are required to attend at least five meetings per year in order to retain membership.
If you are interested in becoming an advisor, please visit the Patient and Family Advisory Council webpage. Print an application form and submit by July 31, 2017 through email to the Patient Experience Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Gillian Flynn, 911 Queen’s Boulevard, Kitchener, Ontario, N2M 1B2
Bianca Moldovan, Communications Specialist
519-749-6578, ext. 6412