St. Mary’s General Hospital is expanding our cardiac services to meet the growing needs of Waterloo Region. St. Mary’s has successfully launched a Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) program. This will allow patients to access this critical service closer to home.
Who is eligible for the TAVI procedure?
- TAVI is a minimally invasive cardiac procedure to replace aortic valves
- TAVI is intended as an alternative to traditional aortic valve replacement surgery in patients deemed high risk
- Print and complete the referral form.
- Referred patients will receive a letter from our TAVI Coordinator to set up a consultation appointment.
- Patients are seen by a team of physicians at the TAVI clinic to assess operative risk and complete further testing if deemed appropriate for TAVI.
- Once accepted, patients will receive a procedure date.
For more information on the TAVI procedure and referral process, please contact:
Regional Cardiac Care Coordinator, TAVI Program
519-749-6578 ext. 1992