St. Mary’s General Hospital’s purchasing department is responsible for the management of the Hospital’s procurement process, including the acquisition, distribution, control and disposal of goods, services and equipment necessary to support the activities of the hospital.
- Purchasing staff strive to obtain the right goods and services in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, under the guidance of the following principles:
- Accountability – We will be accountable for the results of our procurement decisions and the appropriateness of the processes.
- Transparency – We will be transparent to all stakeholders. Wherever possible, stakeholders will have equal access to information on procurement opportunities, processes and results.
- Value for Money – We will maximize the value we receive from the use of public funds. A value-for-money approach aims to deliver goods and services at the optimum total lifecycle cost.
- Quality Service Delivery – We will ensure staff receive the right product, at the right time, in the right place.
- Process Standardization – We will standardize processes, remove inefficiencies and create a level playing field.
The purchasing department will:
- Work in collaboration with hospital departments to determine source of supply, quantities purchased, delivery schedule and price;
- Administer requests for quotations, proposals, tenders, negotiations and contract awards;
- Develop specifications with user departments as well as arrange for the evaluation of supplies, equipment and services from suppliers;
- Research the marketplace for new products and vendors; and
- Ensure purchasing transactions are completed correctly, efficiently and inexpensively.
Purchasing and Supply Chain Contacts
For general inquires contact:
Suzy Araujo, Manager, Purchasing and Supply Chain
519-749-6578 ext. 1260
Tracey Calma, Purchasing Coordinator
519-749-6578 ext. 6408
Darlene Oakes, Purchasing Coordinator
519-749-6578 ext. 1210
John Dykstra, Procurement Specialist
519-749-6578 ext. 6409
Catherine McKersie, Procurement Specialist
519-749-6578 ext. 6407
Cynthia Ross, Procurement Specialist
519-749-6578 ext. 5845
Vendors please follow this link for current Open Procurement Opportunities: https://www.biddingo.com/smgh
Purchase Order Terms of Reference
Click here to access the terms of reference.