St. Mary’s provides a number of opportunities to enhance your personal and professional growth by our investments in education, staff engagement and workplace satisfaction.
Patient Services Education Fund
Funding is available to Patient Services staff to attend conferences and workshops to expand their skills and knowledge of best practices.
St. Mary’s was one of the first hospitals in Ontario to incorporate Lean management principles as a way to drive continuous performance improvement throughout the organization. Since then, thousands of improvements have been implemented and we are considered leaders in this proven approach to enhancing care and reducing waste. Training is provided to all employees, with more intense education provided to our leaders. One of our strategic priorities is to nurture a culture of problem-solvers and everyone in the organization (including our Board of Trustees) is an active partner in performance improvement.
Code of Conduct
At St. Mary’s we respect and value each other. Expectations, responsibilities and supports are clearly outlined in our Code of Conduct. Click here to view the Code of Conduct.
This code applies to all healthcare and service providers, students, volunteers and physicians. Together we must:
- Work in the best interests of our patients
- Respect and care for each other
- Act fairly and objectively
- Recognize and address conflicts of interest
- Think about how our actions may impact our patients, co-workers, clients and community partners
- Exercise our best judgment
- Protect the confidentiality of information trusted to us
- Come forward if we are aware of something that we think is not in the best interest of our patients or our organization
- Have the courage to stand up for what is right