At St. Mary’s, our community of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients and families are at the heart of our hospital. Staff and physicians have access to a number of opportunities for growth and development through our investments in education, wellness, staff engagement and leadership development.
Organizational Development and Employee Wellness
We are committed to building inspiring places to work that empower dedicated and healthy staff by ensuring sustainable support, care and growth opportunities.
With investments in organizational development and employee wellness, we are focused on staff safety, wellness and resilience, the growth and development of our leaders, and ensuring that staff have skill and career development opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The reach of St. Mary’s is far and we are committed for creating an inclusive and respectful culture that transcends the walls of our hospital. We have committed to creating a diversity and inclusion program in conjunction with St. Joseph’s Health System and the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI). As a CCDI employer partner, our staff and physicians have access to training and education on topics related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
In the near future, St. Mary’s will begin a collaborative consultation process to better understand our strengths and opportunities for ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace that provides safe, accessible and equitable care for all.
Code of Conduct
At St. Mary’s we respect and value each other. Expectations, responsibilities and supports are clearly outlined in our Code of Conduct. Click here to view the Code of Conduct.
This code applies to all healthcare and service providers, students, volunteers and physicians. Together we must:
- Work in the best interests of our patients
- Respect and care for each other
- Act fairly and objectively
- Recognize and address conflicts of interest
- Think about how our actions may impact our patients, co-workers, clients and community partners
- Exercise our best judgment
- Protect the confidentiality of information trusted to us
- Come forward if we are aware of something that we think is not in the best interest of our patients or our organization
- Have the courage to stand up for what is right