May 15th, 2020
The SMGH COVID-19 Testing Clinic is located at 50 Bathurst Drive, Unit 1, Waterloo.
No referrals are required to get tested. Both appointments and walk-ins are welcomed. See more information below.
Testing is available for:
- Anyone with at least one symptom
- Anyone concerned they have been exposed to COVID-19
- Anyone who is at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment (e.g. health care workers, grocery store employees, food processing employees)
Please note: both locations listed below are testing clinics. If you are in need of immediate medical attention, please call 911 or visit the hospital emergency department and advise them of your symptoms and travel history, if applicable. If you have other health concerns, please contact your family doctor.
Please see the information below on how to get tested. No one who is symptomatic or who is concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19 will be declined a test at an assessment centre.
Click here for local information on testing and assessment and how to conduct a self-assessment.
St. Mary’s General Hospital COVID-19 Testing Clinic
- Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Both appointments and walk-ins welcome
- A referral is not required
- For an appointment, please call 519-885-9517 to schedule an appointment
- Alternatively, your doctor can fax a completed COVID-19 referral form to 519-885-1242
Grand River Hospital COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Clinic
137 Glasgow St. (in the Catalyst parking lot).
- Hours of operation: testing of residents will happen from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (subject to change)
- No appointment is necessary and walk-ups can be accommodated
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can complete our Deaf/Hard of Hearing Registration form before you arrive at the clinic or one will be provided to you when you arrive
- Please do not enter the Catalyst building – follow the directions of the security staff who will be on-site to support you
Who can visit an assessment centre?
- You can get a test if:
- you are worried you may have COVID-19
- you are worried you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through your employment
- you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- You do not need a referral to get a test
- You do not need a health card to get a test
- Anyone who wants a test can get a test
- You do/do not need to book an appointment at this centre to get a test. To book an appointment call 519-885-9517.
How do I find out my results?
- You can find your COVID-19 test results by visiting this website. You need to have your OHIP number ready to check your results through the website.
- A health care worker will also contact you directly if your result is positive.