Safe Healthcare Starts With You. Be Involved!
When it comes to your health care team, YOU are the most important member! We encourage you to be an active participant in your care. You are the most important advocate for your health, and by participating in your care, you will have a more complete understanding of your treatment plan.
Here are a few ways in which you can be an active participant in your care:
- Don’t be afraid to speak up! Ask questions, or share your concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment – and follow any directions properly!
Questions About Patient Safety
St. Mary’s has a dedicated Patient Safety Officer. If you would like to speak to someone about patient safety, contact Nicole Johnson at 519-749-6578 ext. 1209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Healthcare Resources
Click here for a listing of community resources. This guide can be used to help you find:
- a family healthcare provider
- nutrition information
- contact information for local laboratories, pharmacies, walk-in clinis, x-ray clinics and community centres
St. Mary’s is affiliated with Philips Lifeline, a personal response service that lets you summon help day or night.
Click here to learn more or call 519-749-8008.