July 1st, 2021
July 26, 2021:
In consultation with Region of Waterloo Public Health, St. Mary’s has declared an end to the COVID-19 outbreak on its fourth floor. In total, six patients and three staff members were associated with this outbreak. Our thoughts are with them as they continue to recover.
As of today:
- The unit will reopen to new admissions and transfers.
- Diligence with universal masking and face shields continues.
- Enhanced cleaning will continue throughout the unit.
- Care Partner visits can now resume based on the hospital’s visitor policy.
Outbreaks are extremely difficult for everyone involved. We are grateful to our teams who continue to work tirelessly to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
July 1, 2021:
In consultation with Region of Waterloo Public Health, St. Mary’s General Hospital has declared an outbreak on its fourth floor. There are four cases currently associated with the outbreak at this time and our thoughts are with them as they recover.
The following precautionary measures are in place as we continue to investigate:
- The unit has been closed to admissions.
- Contact tracing has been initiated.
- Droplet contact precautions continue.
- Enhanced cleaning continues.
- Care Partner visits are temporarily suspended, except in cases where patients are at end of life or where the care team determines a visit would have a marked improvement in the patient’s condition. Efforts will be enhanced to connect patients by phone or virtually with Care Partners.
More updates will be provided as more information becomes available.