January 29th, 2021
Accelerate your application process! The St. Mary’s Critical Care Nursing Virtual Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, February 17 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN).
To participate in the Virtual Job Fair:
- Visit www.smgh.ca/careers and apply to a position posting.
- To participate, you must apply by end of day February 10.
- Once you apply, you will be sent a questionnaire. If you qualify, you will be contacted to schedule an individual Zoom interview on February 17.
Why St. Mary's?
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Free Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) – which provides confidential counseling services to employees and their families, as well as a variety of work life services to assist with everyday life challenges such as child or eldercare, financial advice, legal support, career and resiliency coaching and nutrition support services.
- Variety of opportunities and positions
- Challenging clinical specialty areas
- Excellent inter-professional team environment
- Tim Horton’s and Subway on site – seating available
- A culture where your voice really matters
Critical Care Qualifications
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) an asset for ED
- Advanced Physical Assessment Course
- Basic Arrhythmia Course
- EKG Interpretation Course
- Certifications (Emergency, Critical Care, Coronary Care)
- Intravenous (IV) insertion certification
- Experience with chest tubes
- Experience with Telemetry
Temporary Part-time: RPN (Unifor) – must be available 2 shifts per week and 3 in 6 weekends
Temporary Part-time: RN (ONA) – 2 shifts per week including weekends – 3 weekends worked in 6 weeks
Temporary Full-time – all positions – 2 day shifts, 2 night
RPN starting at $30.37/hour
RN starting at $33.56/hour
*RN & RPN rates will be based on experience*
Benefits in Lieu:
ONA: You will be entitled to 13% in-lieu of benefits and 6% vacation pay in accordance with the ONA collective agreement.
UNIFOR: You will be entitled to 12% in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay.