July 20th, 2018
St. Mary’s General Hospital is seeking patients or family members of patients who have received care at St. Mary’s in the past three years to join its Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). Members of PFAC help improve the patient experience by advising its leadership team on matters that impact the patient and family experience, and patient-centered care.
PFAC was launched in 2015 and continues to be at the center of the Patient Experience program. St. Mary’s strives to provide the highest level of care to our patients in order to have the best outcome possible.
Members of PFAC advise and make recommendations on a number of matters, including:
- Inform and make recommendations about implementation and evaluation of the SMGH strategic plan;
- Review reports on the patient and family experience;
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to enhance patient-centered care;
- Review and make recommendations on the implementation and sustainment of patient experience improvements; and
- Participate in SMGH committees and improvement activities, by request, to provide feedback and consultation from a patient experience perspective.
PFAC meets on the second Monday of the month, six times annually: September, November, January, March, May and June. Members are required to attend at least five meetings per year in order to retain membership.
Who can be a Patient and Family Advisor?
Candidates must have experience as a patient or family member of a patient at St. Mary’s within the past three years.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a passion for enhancing the health care experience for other patients and families
- Are comfortable speaking in a group and interacting with others
- Are good listeners
- Open to seeing beyond their own personal experiences
Interested in Joining?
We want you to get involved!
To apply, please complete the application form.
The deadline to apply is Friday August 17, 2018.
Completed applications can be emailed to the Patient Experience Coordinator, Gillian Flynn, at email@example.com.
The application will be reviewed by the PFAC Co-Chairs, and some applicants will be invited to SMGH to meet the Co-Chairs and further determine fit and appropriateness. If accepted, the candidate will be informed by the Co-Chairs.
Patient Experience Office
519-749-6578 ext. 6867