St. Mary’s offers a minimally invasive procedure called Transcatheter Aortic Value Implantation (TAVI) for patients with severe symptomatic aortic stenosis.
Aortic stenosis causes narrowing of the aortic valve, which can result in shortness of breath, chest pain, weakness, feeling tired and passing out.
Who Is Eligible For The TAVI Procedure?
- TAVI is a minimally invasive cardiac procedure to replace aortic valves
- TAVI is intended as an alternative to traditional aortic valve replacement surgery in patients deemed high risk
Patient Information Booklet
TAVI is a procedure for patients with severe symptomatic aortic stenosis who are not able to have open heart surgery.
Click here to read the patient booklet, which includes information on things to know beforehand, the risks and the process.
- Print and complete the referral form.
- Referred patients will receive a letter from our TAVI Coordinator to set up a consultation appointment.
- Patients are seen by a team of physicians at the TAVI clinic to assess operative risk and complete further testing if deemed appropriate for TAVI.
- Once accepted, patients will receive a procedure date.
For more information on the TAVI procedure and referral process, please contact:
Program Manager, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, PCI, TAVI and VAT Team
519-749-6578 ext. 1930
Regional Cardiac Care Coordinator, TAVI Program
519-749-6578 ext. 1992