Join a Winning Team
Known provincially and nationally as leaders in innovation, patient safety, and patient satisfaction, St. Mary’s General Hospital in Kitchener offers a friendly, dynamic culture that fosters teamwork and continuous improvement. Patients and families are at the heart of all we do and our success is based on our ability to recruit and retain exceptional people. With nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers, we are recognized as a top employer in Waterloo area.
All current SMGH employees must apply internally, through the Infor GHR Employee Self-Service Space to be considered for any positions.
How To Apply:
- Click here to access the St. Mary’s General Hospital Job Portal. Please note, the Job Portal is only accessible through a Google Chrome desktop browser.
- In the Job Portal, you will see a list of all current open positions.
- Click on the position for more details.
- To save or apply for a position, applicants must create a profile. To create a profile, please enter a valid email address and follow the necessary steps. Once created, this profile will be saved within our system for all future positions the applicant may apply for.
- Once you are logged in, simply click on the job posting and select ‘Apply’. You will then be prompted to upload your resume, cover letter and any other required documentation.
Tip: When searching for a specific position, applicants can use the search tool on the right side of the home page to set specific search criteria (i.e. search only for Full Time Nursing positions).
For any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Staff safety is a top priority and we invest in our people with educational supports, wellness programs, recognition opportunities and leadership training. Our vision is to become the safest and most effective hospital in Canada, characterized by innovation, compassion and respect.
Serving nearly a million residents of Waterloo Region, Wellington County and beyond, St. Mary’s core programs include a Regional Cardiac Care Centre, highly specialized Respiratory and Thoracic programs, and busy Medicine, Surgical and Ambulatory/Diagnostic programs.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For further inquiries contact Human Resources at 519-749-6578 ext. 6682.
Don’t see a job listed for you? Submit your information for future consideration.
A Note About Overseas Recruiting
St. Mary’s General Hospital Is Not Involved In Overseas Recruitment
We have become aware of unauthorized recruitment activities using the hospital’s name targeting health and other administrative professionals from various areas overseas. Individuals have been allegedly offered positions at St. Mary’s and asked for personal identifiable information.
Please note, St, Mary’s is not recruiting overseas candidates at this time. The hospital also does not ask for personal identifiable information to be sent online and does not offer staff accommodations. The only official source to apply for employment with St. Mary’s General Hospital is through our careers website at https://www.smgh.ca/careers-physicians-volunteers/careers/
Please click here to see Citizenship and Immigration Canada warning about these types of fraudulent recruitment activities.
You can also visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website for more information.